Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

High blood pressure and heart rate, low body temperature, done blood work

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
Hi, 12year old boy, blood pressure 160-90,heart rate 130, feels not good, bloodwork is good
body temperature 34c
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.

At the age of 12, having a heart rate of 130 with a raised blood pressure of 160/90 and low body temperature is definitely abnormal and needs medical attention.

A few possibilities which need to be ruled out include:
1) Anxiety and stress
2) Anemia
3) Hyperthyroidism
4) Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia
5) Heart disorders

Causes of hypertension also need to be investigated at such a young age.

I suggest you to get him examined from a physician and get his Haemoglobin levels, thyroid function tests, renal function tests and an EKG and stress ECHO ruled out. An ECHO is needed to check out the recent functioning of the heart.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor