High TSH levels. On thyronorm tablets. Having headache and leg pain. Underlying cause?

Dr. Pratap VGM

Diabetologist

Posted on Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Dear Doctor A week back I have tested for TSH. It is 150.0 mlu/ml. At present I am taking 100mg thyronorm tablets.Is this dosage ok?I am getting headache and other problems like legpain dissiness eye bollpain. I have discontinued taking thyronorm tabs last one month.Is taking green tea not good for hypothyroidism? pl let me know.
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not discontinue thyronorm tablets

Detailed Answer:
Dear madam

Welcome to healthcare magic

I reviewed your details carefully and I came to know that you have missed some of the vital points.

You should have never stopped thyronorm tablets beacuse usually these tablets are for life long and stopping these tablets can causenon specific complaints such as increased weight, increased body fat, loss of appetite etc.

Your headache might be due to your discontinuation of thyronorm.

Secondly your dosage might be enough but to know it you need to take the tablets continously for some days and repeat the test again. Review with the results. Grosly if your weight is neutral then dosage might be ok, but if you are gaining weight then dosage might be not sufficient

You can get eye check up done for headache

Hope this information is helpful

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Doctor,
I am in a habit of taking green tea.Will it effect hypothyroidism.Should I stop taking green tea.
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
dont worry continue

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir

You can continue taking green tea.. it will not have adverse effects on hypothyroidism...

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E