Hi, I am 18. My last period started 01/12/18 and
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. There are many possible causes for a late period, including stress, and it can be normal for periods to vary from 21 to 35 days. Even if you missed one period, it wouldn't necessarily be important to investigate why. However, the first thing you would want to rule out is pregnancy. If there is any chance you are pregnant, I would check a pregnancy test.
If you are not pregnant, then it would be safe to wait. If you missed your period for 3 months or more, than you should be evaluated for causes of this. Your doctor would likely want to check your hormone levels, including your thyroid, and possibly get an ultrasound to look your uterus and ovaries to look for polycystic ovarian syndrome or scarring inside your uterus.
Cramping and nipple tenderness would suggest pregnancy, so I would make sure to check for that. Thick white discharge, especially if it is associated with itching, may be from a yeast infection, so I would suggest using clotrimazole cream once daily inside the vagina for 7 days.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be glad to discuss it further with you.
It would be hard to say without an examination. Can you take a picture of the lesions and send it?
This would just be a guess, but there is a complication of a fungal infection called kerion that might fit the description you give. It is treated with anti-fungal pills, but it may help to use an anti-fungal shampoo to prevent it. If you get it again, I would recommend you contact us again with a picture and we may be able to give you a more clear diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be glad to help any way I can.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining