Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Having white discharge and red,hot and itchy lumps spread all over vagina. Is this yeast infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
I have been having this itching and burning down stairs. I also have these little red lumps that become red, hot and itchy, very small like 3mm long, raised, and spread all over, I do currently have white discharge, and is very uncomfortable. I am gussing i would have a yeast infection? I am sexually active though to one partner. Also I have another problem on a small strip of raised red, sensitive and painful skin, just between my ass and vagina, its a little raised and soft. Could you please help? I have been using Canesten creme and is helping but certaintly not fast enough.
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for you query.

The symptoms and the description of the symptoms fits well into the diagnosis of Candidiasis (yeast).

If the Canesten cream is helping , then the possibilities of it being Yeast is more.

You can go for Vaginal Flucanazole tablets available in the market a 7 day course with would treat the condition well.

The itching can be relieved by taking antihistaminics like Tab Benadryl once in the night for 5 days.

The skin between the anus and the vaginal edge you mention would be a side effect of the yeast infection.Treating the yeast infection will treat the skin congestion there.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor