Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Having trouble talking, slow memory and clumsiness. Noticed tingling in arms and legs. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1853 Questions
Hey Doc, The last few months I have changed into a completely different person I used to be outgoing, sociable etc. Now I don't even leave my room much. I changed completely. And during these months I got so clumsy I was having serious trouble with talking, memory, remembering words and simple things like clumsiness and walking. I noticed tingling in my arms and legs. Also various lumps would pop up in my neck and inside my nose. I would get nosebleeds in my right nostril and there is a mass deep in my nose and it's all red. Headaches and common also. I do have a bit of anxiety and depression but I'm sure that something is wrong. I had one seizure when this all started happening to me and after that I began to noticed that I was 'dumb.' I can't do simple day-to-day tasks without thinking and it takes me a very long time to figure out simple tasks. I twitch a lot and my movement are normal delicate movements, they seems to resemble a robot. A lot of people have commented on that. I also have this painful spot on my head (towards the front-left from the crown) that feels like a deep headache when pressure is put on it.
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need further evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     18 year old male
•     Known case of nosebleed, lump in neck and nose.
•     Complaints of: anxiety and depressive symptoms

In your query clumsy movement, isolation, change in behavior, poor concentration/memory and slow activity are all symptoms of anxiety and depression.

But these symptoms appear after onset of lump in neck and nose. Sometime medical condition lead to psychological cases. In such cases identification and treatment of medical condition lead to significant improvement in patient condition.

You need examination, lab tests and imaging studies to identify your problem. Also get your blood pressure measured as high BP lead to nose bleed. I would advice you to seek concurrent consultation from general physician and psychiatrist.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor