Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Having testicular pain, ultrasound shows vericocele and two epididymal cysts. Pain on ejaculation. Is it prostatis or epididymitis ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 47 Questions
Concern with testicular pain :


My name is XXXXXXX I am a healthy 23 year old male, a few years ago I started having testicular discomfort so, my mother forced me to get an ultra sound and it turns out I had a vericocele and two epididymal cysts. I monitor them yearly with ultrasounds to be on the safe side. However recently I have been experiencing more than just discomfort, I have been feeling pain on both sides of my testicle that sometimes go back and forth between sides I went to my doctor and he said printed out my report from the ultra sound. It says, 1. Bilateral epididymal cysts, left is larger than right. They do not demonstrate significant change compared to my previous ultrasound (last year). 2. Left vericocele. It also notes that I have some prominent veins in the left scrotal sac. My epididymis is 0.8 x 0.9 cm with the right cyst being 0.4 x 0.3 x 0.4 cm. The left cyst is 1.4 x 1.5 x 1.2 cm.
Here is what concerns me. The pain is manageable, I mean it's not excruciating but it can make me get up out of my chair the ODD time. What concerns me is that for the last almost two weeks, I have been experiencing pain in my right testicle during ejaculation. It comes up upon orgasm and once that has finished the pain is gone. The pain is a throbbing ache and it definitely ruins all sexual experiences. I have read that it could be prostatitis or epididymitis. I don't know whether or not it relates to what I was diagnosed with on my ultrasound.

Thanks for your time.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 26 hours later

I understand your health concern.

Your first problem of varicocele and epididymal cysts requires surgery if dull aching pain in scrotum bothers you.

Your second problem appears to be related to Prostatitis or Epididymitis.

Please get your urine routine and culture done and depending upon the report your Urologist may start some anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics for about two weeks.

This is not a serious problem. Do not worry. You should be fine soon.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries, if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor