Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having tender pain on ribs, small lump appeared. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
hi doctor I have tender pain upon pressing below my ribs on far left side - there appears to be small lumps as well - sometimes throbs under arm pit area as well - has been there for a while noe 2 months or so
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
By your description, the lumps could be an abscess ( a localized collection of pus) or an infected sebaceous cyst.
The pain in your under arm region seems to be due enlarged lymph nodes. If you can send me a picture of the lump, then I would be able to help you better. You can use the 'Upload your reports' section on the right
The treatment for this would be a course of oral antibiotics like amoxicillin-clavulanate for a total of 5 days.
Awaiting your reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor