Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Having sharp pain in testicles. Hurts when touched. Ball syndrome?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hey, sometimes, like today I feel a very sharp pain above one of my testicles, and its not in my abdomen or anything like that, its just feels like a little sack connected to my actual testes hurts to the touch, not really throbbing but very sharp if I touch it and it seems like it almost happens if I sit for a while with a tighter pair of pants on, but especially today i can almost feel like a little bump the size of a piece of sand not on my testes at all but like right above it that is extremely sensitive and hurts to the touch, the actual testes really doesn't hurt at all but just above it is excruciating, but in the past by morning its gone, just wondering if its something to be concerned about or is it just a type of crunched ball syndrome i get sometimes?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 30 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

The commonest possibility that comes to mind is Epididymitis, which is infection or inflammation of the epididymis (the coiled tube on the back of the testicle).

The majority of men that develop epididymitis develop it because of a bacterial infection.

The symptoms include one that you have pain in or around testis, some times pain in abdomen, fever.

It is better that you visit your doctor and get your self examined.

Your doctor after confirming the diagnosis will decide the course of treatment including antibiotics.

In mean time, please do the following which should help:
>Avoid wearing tight clothes
>Avoid pressure on that part
>Take analgesics that you are comfortable with to avoid discomfort.
>Avoid sex.

I hope this helps and clarify your concern.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor