Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Having severe leg pain. Lipid profile test showed CHOD - PAP is 179.9 mg/dl, Triglycerides: 334.5 mg/dl and HDL:32.5 mg/dl. Medication needed?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
My Uncle (Neelashekar) has been having severe leg pain since one week. He has got the Lipid profile done. His,
CHOD - PAP is 179.9 mg/dl,
Triglycerides (GPO?Peroxidase) is 334.5 mg/dl
HDL Cholestrol is 32.5 mg/dl
LDL Cholestrol is 80.5 mg/dl
VLDL cholestrol is 66.9 mg/dl
CHOL/HDL Ratio is 5.5

Please let us know what is the preferred medication required to be taken
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
High triglycerides level

Detailed Answer:

Your uncle seems to having a mild derangement in the lipid profile.

All the values mentioned are normal except for Triglycerides, that is high at 334.5 mg/dl.

I have gone through the uploaded reports. Thank you for the same.

The preferred medication for same is the fibrate group of drugs. I usually prescribe Fenofibrate to my patients depending on their body needs. One example is Tablet Fenacor. This is a prescription drug. Please ask your uncle's doctor to prescribe him this medicine after careful clinical examination based on his body weight.

In addition, he must exercise regularly and avoid high fatty food.

Hope this helps you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor