Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Having lower abdominal pain with back pain and leg pain. How to overcome this problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
Hi, I have been having lower right sided abdominal pain which feels like period pains, this affects my lower back and gives pain down my legs, the pain is very uncomfortable when sitting and sometimes wakes me up during the night.
I am 45 years old, had early menopause due to chemotherapy in 2009. Have had bowels and ovaries etc checked.
These symptoms have been going on for over a year and I am fed up with it, don't seem to get pain when walking/moving around? I am convinced my periods are trying to start again (that sounds stupid I know) but did have a couple of bleeds middle of last year.
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 17 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query.
Lower abdominal pains accompanied by irradiation to the back and legs could deserve a more critical look. At 45, with a past history of chemotherapy, it shall be worth carrying out a series of tests to exclude a few common condition.
First bleeding at the age of 45 is not really abnormal condition. If it were somewhat, excessive bleeding, we would have been really worried.
I suggest you do an abdominal ultrasound, an CT scan of the Lumbosacral spine and an abdominal CT scan. This shall be very informative in excluding enlarged lymphnodes, any metatstases or lesions at the level of the ovaries. I suggest a complete blood count, ESR , Alkaline phosphatase and CA 125 to exclude any bomne spread or associated uterine tumour.
Cinsulting a gynecologist for a proper physical examination and getting these tests done to exclude any metastases to nearby structures shall be important in the prognosis and diagnostic plan.
Thanks and best regards. Getting an appointment with your gynecologist to me is a brilliant idea. Do not hesitate asking any further question for clarification. I would be glad making my suggestions.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor