Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Having fertility issues due to abnormal sperm count. Suggestions

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
My friend(male) has consulted a lot of doctors for fertility issue but still has got no success. His sperm count seems to be ab-normal. Any helpful suggestions will deeply appreciated.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer: details please Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concerns. Please let me know his semen analysis report in detail. Let me know if he smokes or drinks. Let me know his weight and height I will type details after seeing above reports. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having fertility issues due to abnormal sperm count. Suggestions 20 hours later
I dont have full details of his semen analysis, but what I know is his sperm count less than expected and are dead. His age is 33 & weight is nearly 55 - 58.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Repeat Detailed Answer: Hi Please ask him to repeat semen analysis again from a standard laboratory. It could be wrong report. Even if it comes low he needs to get examined by an urologist to check if testis is normal size. Request your doctor to prescribe antioxidants medicines. These will help to improve semen count and also morphology to a certain extent. Please ask him to stop alcohol and smoking which will help increase sperm count. Let him follow good exercise and diet regimen. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor