Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Having dyspiosis of gut and food allergies. Exhaustion, swollen eyes, and diarrhea after eating from outside. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1337 Questions
I have dyspiosis of the gut and food allergies after an chronic allergy to antibiotics. I went out to dinner last night, and ate all the wrong foods, and have come down with a mega allergic reaction including exhaustion, swollen eyes, swollen tongue, swollen intestines, diarrea. I know I should not eat any bread, cheese and wine, but I did all that in a weak moment, and have headache, etc. Is there anything I can do to ease the attack?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Anti-histamines, hydration, rest.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
It appears you are having a generalized allergic reaction. You may be over the worst by now. I suggest you take anti-histamine tablets which can be purchased over the counter from your pharmacist. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration secondary to the diarrhea. Rest as much as possible. Be careful to avoid any trigger foods today.
Your symptoms are unlikely to get any worse but signs to be aware of would be worsening swelling of the mouth or throat and development of difficulty breathing. These would be indications to go to the ER.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor