Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Have two cone shaped fleshy lumps in vagina. What to do?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6481 Questions
I have two cone shaped fleshy lumps in my vagina
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may be Bartholin cyst,Skene's duct cyst etc.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

There are many causes of lumps in vagina.
These are generally benign conditions and not serious at all.
Lumps may be due to bartholin cysts,skene's duct cysts,inclusion cyst or inflammatory changes due to infection etc.
Bartholin cyst present over lower end of labia majora.Sitz bath over warm water is helpful and if it doesn't improve then drainage can be done.

Skene's duct cyst are near urethral opening and it can be treated with warm compression.It doesn't improve then drainage can be done.

Inclusion cysts occurs due to trauma in vaginal wall.

Inflammatory changes are generally due to human papilloma virus but these are not fleshy.These are irregular and cauliflower like.

So,it is not serious at all and you should consult your doctor.

Get well soon.
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor