Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Have swelling and pain in testicle. Tested negative for STD. Any permanent treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
I live in Australia but right now Im traveling in LA. 2 weeks ago I went to the doctor regarding a swelling and pain in my left testicle. The doctor did some exams to see if it was any STD or just a bacterial infection. The results were negative about any possible STD, however, he gave me and antibiotic called Doxylin 100, which worked during the treatment.
4 days ago the swelling came back in the same testicle. And now I have a lump and the testicle looks a bit bigger than the other one. Im now in LA as I told you before and cant access to a doctor until saturday because dont have insurance here. What can I do to get better?

Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 57 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

The only thing you can do for such swelling is to put your testicles as high as possible (put them on the abdomen) when lying down. You should also have your underwear tight so the testicles wont hang freely.
Such symptoms can be caused by inguinal hernia, testicle inflammation, epididymis. In such way can also testicle cancer appear.
It is advisable for you to have testicles ultrasound performed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor