Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have small penis and getting pain during foreskin retraction. Required treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
Dear sir/madam
I have a problem relating to the time of sex..........Its goes behind the head of the penis........but its causes massive pain and some times blood comes out...........And I also feel that becoz of that reason my penis does not erect well enough......At the early age I felt that I have some problem relating to the shorter size of the penis and foreskin............I did not take that particular matter very seriously.........but in this stage of life(After my marrige) I am going through a realy fastrated life..................Sir.........plz help me by giving some advise relating this and plz give me some doctors name and address near by kolkata...........with whom i will able to consult physically.............
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 37 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your symptoms, it appears that you are having a mild Phimosis. This is a condition where the foreskin to too tight or difficult to retract over the penis. Usually the foreskin is relatively tight during childhood, but as age advances and the person indulges in sexual activity, the foreskin becomes elastic and easily retractable. In your case, even at the age of 28, if it is still not easily retractable and causes severe pain and bleeding, then you definitely need treatment for it.

Now, the treatment of this problem is usually with a minor surgical procedure. This can include a small slit to release the tense foreskin (dorsal slit or ventral slit) or a prepecioplasty or a partial circumcision. The choice of procedure will depend on the severity of the problem and the preference of the patient. So, I would advise you to consult any surgeon or a urologist in your area for further evaluation and treatment. Don't worry, this is a very common problem, and in your case it doesn't appear severe. So, a simple procedure should solve your problem permanently.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have small penis and getting pain during foreskin retraction. Required treatment? 2 days later
Dear sir
As per your sugession i had consulted with my nearest urologist and he sugested me a oinment named CANDID-B(clotrimazole+ Beclomethasone) for using it at a daily basis.

Sir another problem is there for me at the time of intercourse with my wife. At the time of exitement my penis size increased .....but unfortunately after 3-4 munites of intercouse its falls down and i feels tired .......So for that reason i realy not being able to satisfy my wife.............before my marrige Very frequently i used to that a reson of suffring my problem?....sir plz helped me in this regards also.............
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 21 hours later
Hello again,

Candid B is an antifungal (clotrimazole) plus steroid (beclamethasone) cream. Recurrent infections and inflammation in the foreskin can sometimes cause adhesions and result in restricted mobility of the foreskin over the glans. Beclamethasone is a good anti-inflammatory agent which can reduce inflammation and improve elasticity of the foreskin. So, you can use this cream daily.

To answer your second question, masturbation is a normal part of sexuality and is very common among young unmarried males. It does not cause any sexual or medical adverse effects.

Regarding your problem of pre-mature ejaculation, I would suggest the following tips to overcome this problem:

1) Firstly get rid of thoughts that you may be sexually inadequate or your doubts that you may not be able to perform properly. Performance anxiety, feelings of sexual indequacy, self-doubts, guilt, past negative sexual experiences, poor communication / understanding with the partner, etc. can all affect sexual functioning and performance.

2) There are certain specific sexual techniques which can reduce this hypersensitivity. The "stop-start technique" or "squeeze technique" have been proven to be successful in increasing the ejaculatory time.

In the stop-start technique, the penis is stimulated (by sexual intercourse or by masturbation) till a point when you feel close to orgasm. At that point, the stimulation is stopped for some time and after a small gap, it is continued. This process is repeated repeated a few times.

In the squeeze technique, the penis can be stimulated by hand (by masturbation or by your partner) till a point when you feel close to orgasm. At that point, the lower part of the head of the penis is squeezed tightly with the index finger and thumb around for a few seconds till the erection decreases. Then the stimulation is restarted and the process is repeated a few times.

Both these techniques, if practised regularly can increase your time taken for orgasm.

3) One more problem responsible for early ejaculation is inadequate sexual arousal. When the person is not properly aroused, the blood flow to the penis is not maximal, and so, after a few strokes, the erection weakens and ejaculation occurs. The way to tackle this is not to rush into intercourse quickly, but wait till you get fully aroused. So, increase and spice-up your foreplay. Make sure that you initiate penetration only after both of you are fully turned on. Good foreplay not only arouses you but also sparks off the mood in your partner. So, when she is also aroused and involved, then things keep flowing smoothly and effortlessly, and you don't have to be constantly anxious if you are satisfying your partner or not.

4) Distract yourself stop "monitoring" your sexual performance. Try putting on some romantic music or mild lighting while you make love. Think about the things that turn you on. Taking your mind off of your sexual performance can remove the worries that are stopping you from getting excited.

So, don't worry, you don't have a major problem. If you try these suggestions, you will be able to overcome your problem soon.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor