Have small painless lump above jaw. Worrisome

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Question: Hi i have a very small painless ball like thing above where my jaw conects by my ear like in front of the cartlidge part by my ear canal...i can even move it a little....im kind of worried its sinething serious pleasz help
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
You should be examined by a doctor first.That indicates that it may be a enlarged lymph node or it may be a swelling of some kinds like a cyst, etc .Only and examination can rule out the difference.If its a superficial swelling of some kind,it may be possible to remove it.If its a lymph node,it may indicate infections and treatment will be antibiotics.