• question-icon

    Have slip disc, taking medicine but no help. How to cure it?

Posted on Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Back Pain
Question: Hello,,,sir, im having a disease called slip disk it is some kind of backbone disease.i have been facing this disrase last 1 years ago,it still did'nt show any improvement after taking of medicine contineous also.so suggest me how to prevent it by doing other things.and it is curable or not??pleaze help me to get out of this problem..its make me weak in my daily life and now im only 18yrs.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Thanks for the query.
Brief answer....are you sure that you have slipped disc?
Detailed answer....
Normally slipped disc or herniated disc is an age related problem where because of age tissues loose elasticity and so the problem occurs.Before proceeding ahead,I would like to have some informations from you,so that I can answer you properly.
How the diagnosis of slipped disc has been made?
What are your exact symptoms?
Have you got done any CT SCAN or MRI of spine?
Whom have you consulted so far for this treatment?
What treatment have you received so far?
Did your problem occur after some injury?
Are you overweight?
Are you a sportsman?
please supply these information so that we can proceed ahead with our discussion.
best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 38 hours later
Sir first of all thank you..sir for helping me.im from arunachal pradesh belongs to nyshi tribe. let me clear to you idid'nt had any accident in my past life but im belong from poor family i have done a lot of hard work in my child life.i have always feeling pain in my back can't do any havy work even can't go for long walk there is no any problem in while walking or working,but after completion it started.last year i had done MRI of my spine.doctor said that there is gapping problem in my backbone and swellen also in back,i had done 1 month medicine course.but problem kept going on.then i took ayurvedic medicine course and also doing yoga which is suggest by ayurvedic doctor,and that ayurvedic medicine gave me some relax,but not complete cured.pain often occur in between backbone and hip.doctor said that there is no any complete curable of my disease it will always come if im done any work.most hurt things is i can't play any outdoor game like football,etc..it killing my young life.now im living my life as a frusted bboy.so pleaze...kindly.suggest me and help me to cure my disease.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Since you have not sent the report,it is very difficult for me to comment upon it.
However,I am quite sure that your problem can be managed because,you are very young and with a proper treatment from a proper professional doctor like an orthopedician can make the things completely all right for you.
There must be some big government hospital in or around your area,where you can visit the orthopedic department.
Your treatment involves...
Correct diagnosis
Proper medicines
Proper physiotherapy
Other supplementary medicines like VIT D and calcium.
Plan a visit to an orthopedic as early as possible.
Till you consult him start the following...
CALCIROL sachets 60,000 units once a week for 8 weeks,dissolved in one cup of milk in morning.After 8 weeks,take the XXXXXXX one in 15 days for 4 months and then take it once every month for 2 years.
Start taking a calcium supplement like SUPRACAL in dose of one grams a day.
I hope it helps.
Get back to me,if there is something else to be asked.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1978

Answered : 6704 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Spinal disc herniation

doctor1 MD

Hi, Just had an MRI done due doctors not being able to diagnose why I was experiencing severe neck, shoulder, & arm pain through normal x-rays, CT...

doctor1 MD

I live in Houston, TX. I have 4 severe disc herniations in my lumbar region, 2 of which are pressing on the nerves on the left side. As well as...

doctor1 MD

My MRI result is, small central & right paracentral disc protrusion at C4/C5 & C5/C6, but no significant central canal or neural foramen stenosis...

doctor1 MD

Hi there. On October 7th, I had a cervical injection due to chronic pain in neck/shoulders area (several herniated discs). This is not my first,...

doctor1 MD

What meds are useful for muscle cramps in feet and legs

doctor1 MD

I a looking for a really great back doctor. I need a hip replacement ,but after MRI my doctor will not do it until I see a back doctor. He said I...

doctor1 MD

I was in ER recently for severe back pain which was making me almost pass out and throw up. A bone specialist said CT imaging showed bones look...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

134 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta
  • Q - Have multiple sclerosis. Noticed bruise all over body. Is this due to...

  • Q - Having chest congestion and cold. No relief from zifi and sinarest. Safe...

  • Q - Suffering from flu and cold. Have sore throat. Taking medicine. How to...

  • Q - Have uneven nostril after surgery. Is there any cure for this without...

  • Q - Having acid reflux, difficulty in breathing, pain near penis and lower...

  • Q - Is it safe to take breast enhancement pill?

  • Q - Facing pain on the upper portion of eyebrow and neck. Medical cure?

  • Q - Is it possible to pass a long worm from urine?

  • Q - Urine test showed high esterase, wbc, iron and ferritin serum level....

  • Q - Tonsils removed. Noticed white spot in back of throat. Could it be a...