Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have ringworm as well as scabies. How to treat these conditions? Suggest some alternate medicine

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
I have ringworm AS well as scabies. How do I treat both conditions properly at the same time? What modern,homeopathic, and herbal medications do you recommend?
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 21 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.

Ringworm is a fungal infection and scabies is ectoparasitic infestation.

Both are curable with certainty.

Scabies is treatable by single application of permethrin or lindane .It should be applied after a scub bath at night time . Whole body area below neck is to be covered especially finger webs and genitals.
After keeping it overnight it should be washed in morning.

For ring worm you can try application of clotrimazole cream twice daily.
Also oral antifungals may be required in extensive ring worm.
Clotrimazole is available over the counter and oral drugs will require prescription.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

Dr Sudarshan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor