Have ringworm as well as scabies. How to treat these conditions? Suggest some alternate medicine
Thanks for writing in.
Ringworm is a fungal infection and scabies is ectoparasitic infestation.
Both are curable with certainty.
Scabies is treatable by single application of permethrin or lindane .It should be applied after a scub bath at night time . Whole body area below neck is to be covered especially finger webs and genitals.
After keeping it overnight it should be washed in morning.
For ring worm you can try application of clotrimazole cream twice daily.
Also oral antifungals may be required in extensive ring worm.
Clotrimazole is available over the counter and oral drugs will require prescription.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat itchy scaby rash on and above tailbone
- Skin conditions similar to scabies
- Will acticin treat scabies?
- How to treat itchy puss oozing scabies on elbow
- How is scabies allergy and eczema treated
- Treat scabies using dettol
- Natural way to treat scabies
- Rash on arms scabies medicine ineffective what to do
- What is the best medicine for diabetic with scabies
- Scabies in dubai medicine