Have pink patches under penis skin after having sex. Should I be worried?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Question: I have two patches, pinkish under the penile head skin, which occurred after my Gf have up a very strong bj. It's been some weeks since sex and the patches (flat and irregular in shape the Size of a few mm only) still remain. No pain no itch no broken skin it seems, but they are worrying me. Any thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer: send skin scrapping for exam, Try OTC cream Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to health care magic. The patches under your penis skin after vigorous oral sex can we do to sexually transmitted diseases or it can be due to abrasions resulting in dermatitis. Ideally you should get examined these lesions by a local physician or by a dermatologist and get it's skin scrappins tested for Gram staining and culture and sensitivity test. If you want to try OTC treatment, you can try over the counter clotrimazole and steroid cream apply 2 - 3 times a day for about a week. If the problem doesn't resolve then it is better to be examined by local clinician and follow the advice. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
I went to a clinic and they just gave me canesten cream, which does not seem to be doing anything. Both my gf and where screened in the last three months. As said this only occurred after a rather vigorous session of oral sex on me. It was like it had become bruised after and these were there straight after. Should I go back and ask for the skin test as you suggest?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 22 hours later
Brief Answer: investigation and a dermatologist referal advised Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome back. Canesten is a good antifunCaantifungal cream. It is slow acting medicine. Obviously if there is no fungal infection it will not bring benefits. You should get investigation as advised and get reviewed by a local dermatologist. Sometimes local scratch can turn in to dermatitis or lichenoid eruptions which resolve with local steroid cream application. You should get serology tests for STD and urinary tract infections if the problem does not resolve in 3-4 weeks. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.