Have painless lump on testicle. What is the cause and treatment?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Question: hello sir, i am having a lump (about 1.5-2 cm width and having shape like a small testicle) attached to the upper part of left testicle since 11/12 years. I am not having pain or any other problem with it it is not increasing in size. I am not having any history of testicular cancer or any other cancer in my family. Is there...
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is most probably what is called cyst of the epididymis.
It can be confirmed with ultrasound scan of the scrotum.
Small cysts of this size need not be disturbed.
If it enlarges or causes pain, it can be removed by a minor surgical procedure.
Best regards
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
sir, thank you for your response. If it is an epididymic cyst then can it lead to infertility in future / can I have the ability to become father after marriage ?
sir, is it necessary to remove it by surgery or I will live with it because there is not any pain with it ??? If I don't remove it by surgery will it create any serious harm to me ?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
Hi
welcome back.
It can lead to infertility IF OPERATED, as it can damage the sperm carrying tubes.
It can be removed later if it enlarges and once you have completed family.
Best regards
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 23 minutes later
Thank you sir,
if I live with it upto some more years will it turn into cancer ? Please reply me sir.
Hi
Welcome back.
If it is a epididymal cyst by scan, there is no chance.
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
thank you sir for your previous reply. I have done one thorough self examination of the said lump and found attched to my epidymis (and feels to be attached loosely with the upper part of testicle too) hope it is the same (epididymic cyst) what you have already suggested. thank you so much sir .
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 11 hours later
Welcome and regards,
DR GS