Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Have lower back pain, had injections, tried chiropractor but no relief. Noticed lump on shoulder. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 394 Questions
Hi , I am XXXXXX... aged 55 yrs , weigh approx 10 st , am active ( spinning , yoga , golf ) , but have persistent lower back pain ... wakes me up at night ... ahve been going to Physio , had injections , tried chiropractor , all seem to help but no long term relief ... have now discovered I have a lump on the bone on my shoulder , had one on the vertebrae mid back next to my spine..... Just feel that I am not getting to the cause of the problem ... what can you advise ? Thanks
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 1 hour later
I have read details of your question.

Chronic low back pain can be there due to various reasons-

-Abnormal posture

-Osteoporosis or bone weakness

-Lumber spondylosis, There is degenerative bone changes in this.

-Prolapsed intervertebral disc

-Infection in bones of back

-Bone tumors

In case your pain is continuous & you are not involved with heavy work, not having abnormal posture, then it will be better to have a MRI of spine. This will be able to give you details about problem at your backbone. At present you should do following to have relief in this-

-Avoid abnormal posture. Keep your back straight.

-Take calcium supplementation to check presence of bone weakness.

-Do warm fomentation over back.

-Do exercises of spine to increase the endurance of spine.

-You may have a mild analgesic. I used to treat such patient with help of combination of paracetamol & tramadol. These are prescription medicines.

Hope you will have relief by following above-mentioned points.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor