Have itchy red spots all over the body. What is causing this and how to get cured?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Question: I am having small red spots every where in my body and its itching also.
what can be the cause and how to recover?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 21 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are describing can be scabies ,urticaria ,dermatitis herpetiformis papular urticaria etc.

Also I would like to know-
Since when you have this?

Do you have fungal infection anywhere else on the body?

Is itching more in night time or day time?
Do you have lesions on finger webs/wrist/abdomen/genital area?
Any family member affected with similar condition?
Do the lesions stay like that or go away after some time?

Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot to predict the condition.

Wherever you have a visible lesion on the skin you can take a close up photograph of it and UPLOAD it in UPLOAD YOUR reports section.

Answer the questions and we can continue the discussion here.

DrSudarshan
MD Dermatology.
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 2 minutes later
Since when you have this?
ans: 2 days

ans: no

ans: same in both time

ans: no

ans: no

ans: no

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi again,
Thanks for the details.

I was not able to see your photo maybe you should re upload them.
Or you can email them to YYYY@YYYY with subject ATTENTION DR XXXXXXX

In the meanwhile you can take tablet allegra 120 in morning and tab PRU 25 at night.also you can apply calosoft lotion over affected area.This will help you a lot.

Awaiting your response.

DrSudarshan