Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have itchy blistery rash on back, arms and torso. Suspected to be allergic reaction. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
I have a rash that is maddenly itchy, started 3 months ago and has got slowly worse, bin to doctors, not fungal, not grovers, seeing specialist tomorrow, started on back and back of neck, now on upper arms, around side of torso and on upper arms, red pimply, not dry or scaley, almost blistery. Suspect it's allergic reaction, can't think of anything done or touched different recently. 58 yr old male, otherwise good health.
What do you think it may be?
If its an allergy, how on earth do they identify what I am allergic to, and or how do they treat it?
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
dermatitis herpetiformis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
your description match closely with dermatitis herpetiformis.
It is an auto immune disease and mainly Involves the back.
It presents in the form of Itchy lesions on the back.

I would like to know the following additional things.
1. Do you have frequent loose stools or any other gastric problem.
2. any increase in lesions on exposure to sun light ?

If possible please upload a photograph of the lesions. mainly the fresh ones.
This will help me in giving I closer diagnosis.
There is an option to upload photograph on right side of query page.
Waiting for your response.
thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor