Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Have itchy bleeding rashes around anal region. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
I have a itchy rash on my but around my hole, it sometimes bleeds when I wipe, I also notice a pea size lump under the skin right next to the opening. I also have a round rash spot on my left nut sack that seems not to heal, Its not from sex acts
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The rash with bleeding tendencies around the anal region are most commonly due to hemorrhoids (enlarged veins), fistulas, perianal abscess or pilonidal sinus. The bleeding is more common with hemorrhoids and the other conditions usually have discharge present. The exact diagnosis can only be clinched with a physical exam. I would suggest you see a physician for that. Treatment would depend on what is the cause.
As far as the rash on the scrotum is concerned, it is likely to be fungal in origin. You can apply Clotrimazole ointment twice daily on the rash. Also, maintain extremely good hygiene and keep the area clean and dry. Wearing cotton undergarments would also help.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor