Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have irritating inflammation on bottom cheeks. No relief from skin ointments, calamine lotion. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
I have an irritating inflammation on my bottom cheeks - it seems to be worse of center in the folds - it is also in the scrotch - sensitive and raw to touch - tried various skin ointments and calamine lotion - no relief
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description it seems either you are having some eczematous condition or intertrigo due to fungal infection.
To treat the same, I would advise you to
Take tablet cetirizine to control itch
Apply steroid antifungal cream twice in a day to affected area
Keep the area dry and well ventilated
Wear loose cotton underclothes
After bathing dab the area with absorbent antifungal powder to keep the area dry.

Hopefully in few days, your condition will improve.
Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor