Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at night. Took Benicar and Zoloft. Suggest
Consult your cardiologist
Thanks for the query.
You are facing multiple problems, cotton mouth being an addition-which seems to trouble you much. So also pounding heart. I will try to advice how about managing these.
* Pounding heart- This is a symptom of the dilatation of aorta you have. The dilatation of aorta causes dilatation of adjoining heart, the lower left ventricle. In an effort to pump sufficient blood in aorta heart has to contract vigorously. & this gives rise to pounding heart.
This symptom increases as days pass & so needs immediate attention. It could be volume overload, side affect of medication or interactions between multiple medications. Please consult a cardiologist. A dose revision or after Echocardiogram, the line of treatment can be decided. It can be either through medicines or surgery.
Other general measures that you might already know should be strictly followed.
Having a better life style with low calorie, nutritious diet, exercises, sufficient exercises, Respiratory exercises ( Pranayamam), & meditation for a positive attitude are helpful for an overall management.
* Cotton mouth. It is dryness of mouth due to less/no salivary gland secreations.The dryness of mouth, thirst, are the symptoms you have.
- Excessive urination in night is because of excessive intake of water or medications acting adversely. The hormone ADH in the kidneys is not sufficiently enough to absorb water in the distal tube and CD.
- However excessive thirst & urination can also be symptoms of Diabetes. Please get blood sugar checked to exclude it.
* To control your trouble some symptoms please try following things.
-Please consult your physician & ask for change in dose/ type of medicine for high blood pressure. ( Benicar you are taking has a rare side effect of drying mouth.)
-Use artificial saliva spray, dry mouth patches, gels or lozenges (whatever suits you & is advised by your doctor) - instead of consuming excessive water
- Use a vaporizer in room at night, this will increase moisture in room & keep mouth, throat moist.
- Avoid breathing though mouth.
Hope this has satisfied you. I will be happy to help you in case you have another query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diet recommended for people with high cholesterol and high bp
- High bp cholesterol in limits what should be done
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Have breathlessness high bp acid refax and cholesterol
- How to lower high bp and cholesterol
- Having high bp caused by thyroid
- Suggest medication for high bp
- Jaggery increase high bp
- High bp high levels of cholesterol level sgot sgpt suggestions
- Suffering from high bp and cholesterol how to control it
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?