Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have had reoccurring water infections with a redness around foreskin and back pain. Negative for kidney stone

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9585 Questions
Good afternoon Sir - I have had re-occuring water infections for the last few years - I have been to my doctors several times, and they have sent me for various tests, including checking if my bladder empties properly, which is does - I have had a blood test which ruled out any Kidney problems - I seem to to have flare ups every few months, which starts with me feeling a little off colour, along with a redness around my foreskin - After I have urinated I feel a little tingle inside but no pain. My Father has prostratitus, and I wondered if I should get a test - I am 40 years old, but I dont know what else to do - I tested my urine this morning and I have protein in it between +1 and +2, but everything else seems ok. When I get this, it effects my sex drive and I never feel 100% - I also have lower back pain in my right hand side, but not sure whether that is attributed to working from home and my posture
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have chronic Urinary Tract Infection which relapses intermittently. You have already done some preliminary tests to come to conclusion.

Looking at present situation and presence of 2+ protein in urine indicates UTI.

I would suggest you to get following tests to diagnose your problem.
1) Urine culture to trace out organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Ultrasound Scanning to rule out presence of urinary stone. This will also rule out Prostatitis which is very common at this age and may be the cause of your low sex drive.
Please consult qualified Urologist for examination and further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor