Have had 3 cervical fusions. Having chronic severe pain. How to get cure?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi... I have had 3 cervical fusions in the past three years with chronic severe pain still...recently I have a new symptom ....I have a very tender to touch lump at base of skul on the left side .....
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause for your painful lump at the base of skull could be due to an infection, such as abscess. In this case, it may be warm to touch, in addition to being painful.

Other possibility could be an enlarged lymph gland or infected sebaceous cyst.

If you consult a surgeon, it would be possible to pinpoint the exact reason.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist