Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Have fungal sinusitis. CT scan showed evidence of chronicright maxillary sinus disease. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1197 Questions
i was wondering how good dr vittal t pai md is with sinus fungal don't know if i really need it
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgical treatment is choice for fungal sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

The treatment of choice for all types of fungal sinusitis is surgical. Medical treatment depends on the type of infection and the presence of invasion.

Fungal infections of the sinuses can be listed as following:

Allergic fungal sinusitis
Sinus mycetoma
Chronic invasive fungal sinusitis
Acute invasive fungal sinusitis
Chronic granulomatous fungal sinusitis

The role of medications is in association with the type of infection and the presence of invasion.

You need to confirm the fungal origin of your sinusitis first. This has to be done clinically by the ENT surgeon with the help of laboratory tests.

I hope this helps.
Do write back in case of doubts.

Dr.A.Rao Kavoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor