Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have food poisoning. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
i believe my husband has food poisoning. he last ate at was a carry out dish from olive carden,wednesday last8 days ago . it was refrigerated, but it had 5 cheeses in it
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Food poisoning is more common after taking outside food,refrigerated food.
If there is vomiting or loose stools 6-24hours after eating,then it could be food poisoning.
He should be given medicines in injection form if he has vomiting.
If there is no vomiting,then Tablet ofloxacin with ornidazole,Rabeprazole with domperidone capsule,Pre and probiotic capsule should be given.
Nothing to worry.
Wish him good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have food poisoning. How to cure it? 19 minutes later
The food was injested at 6:30 and at 9pm, the loose stool was followed by vomiting after 10 minutes. A similar incident just happened at about 11:15 pm. When should this stop? How long should I expect this to continue?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 48 minutes later
Treatment should be started immediately.
Otherwise it will continue
It will take 2 -3 days for complete control.
As he is having vomiting,it is better to give medicines in injection form.
Wish him speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor