Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have elevated tsh level. What diet, cure and precaution is to be taken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
Hi I have tsh 9.57 what precaution I take and food recomended and medicine
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in. You need to be on thyroxine replacement. But before that get a complete thyroid profile and TPO antibodies. In diet avoid bulk quantities of cauliflower, cabbage and soyabean. No other precaution required. For thyroxine dosage you have to see an endocrinologist in person.
Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have elevated tsh level. What diet, cure and precaution is to be taken? 34 minutes later
Please explane about thyroxine
What is thyoride profile and tpo antibodies please explane
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 23 hours later
Thyroxine is thyroid hormone -T4. Thyroid profile means T3, T4 & TSH.TPO antibodies are markers of autoimmune thyroid disorder. Their levels are high in autoimmune thyroid disease. High TSH means you thyroid gland is making less thyroid hormone. So you need to take thyroxine from outside.
Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor