Have duodenal ulcer and gerd. Facing indigestion problem, breathing difficulty at night. Any ideas?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in GERD
Question: Hi Doc

I'm having stomach problem for past 5 year. Still issue persists.
Several diagnosis has been done n reported that it is deodenal ulcer n GERD.

Now I'm facing indigestion problem and loss of sleep at nights with breathing problem severely.

Plz help to get relieved
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 17 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

The possible cause is GERD going by the information you have given. Gastritis is also present as per your endoscopy report.

You can take acid suppressive medications after consulting your doctor.

The following should also be done.

1. Avoid smoking, alcohol, coffee, chocolates, citrus, tomatoes, spicy food, fatty food, carbonated beverages
2. Avoid heavy meals. Eat smaller frequent meals
3. Go to bed at least 2-3 hours after food.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini