Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have blister in mouth and tongue. Suggest home remedies?

May 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 6506 Questions
i have Blister in my mouth and tongue every month i got this problem tell me some medicine which is available in indian medical .. and also tell me some home remedies and tell me some common medicine which i can easly get in any indian medical in any cities and the medicine should great which should work on my blister very fast ..
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.

It appears you are having blisters in your mouth and tongue regularly and tihis might be causing you significant discomfort with pain.

Blisters in mouth and tongue can be caused by:
1. Accidental bites to your tongue and inside of cheeks
2. Having excessively hot food or drinks
3. Vitamin B12 or folate deficiency
4. Fever
5. Stress

As for medicines, you could start taking Vitamin B complex capsules, one capsule after food every day in the night for a month and see.
If you feel that there are other problems like fever and the blisters are increasing in number, please visit your doctor immediately.

There are several home remedies, common ones are:
1. Applying baking soda occasionally (3-4 times a day) with a cotton swab to the blisters.
2. Apply cotton swab dipped in ghee occasionally (3-4 times a day) over the blisters.
However, please note that home remedies are only for temporary symptomatic relief and should be done only in mild situations.
For severe problems consultation with a doctor is essential and medicines need to be taken.

Hope this helps.
Please close this thread if you do not have further questions.

Dr Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have blister in mouth and tongue. Suggest home remedies? 56 minutes later
yes sir i have sore in my mouth of white color i cant eat anything i am taking lactovit capsules now and some medicine for my lever actually now i cant go for a doctor clinic i am out of station but the medical are near by so tell me some medicine names which can i get from general medical for my mouth sore ..
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 10 hours later
Thanks for writing in again.

It is good to know that you are taking Lactovit which is a vitamin preparation. It will take care of any vitamin deficiency but you must also eat enough green leafy vegetables in your food.

Coming to your mouth ulcers, these might be aphthous ulcers and are painful as you have described.

As we, at XXXXXXX do not have the policy of prescribing medicines as a E health practice, any medicine name provided to you is entirely at your own request and please discuss it with a doctor before using it.

For your condition, the most appropriate medication would be CLENORA GEL dental gel (containing tannic acid 5 % w/v, choline salicylate 8 % w/v, cetrimide 0.01 % w/v, lignocaine 2 % w/v). Please apply 3 to 4 times over ulcer in small amounts after consulting a doctor. Also maintenance of oral hygiene is important.

Hope your query is answered.
Wishing you good health.

Dr Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have blister in mouth and tongue. Suggest home remedies? 3 hours later
tell some vitamins medicines .. for my mouth eyes and skin ..
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 42 minutes later
Thanks for writing in again.

There are many preparations available in market having multivitamin and minerals composition.

We do not encourage disclosing names of any particular brand of vitamins but there are really many brands to choose from.

Names are being provided at your own request and you must discuss with your doctor before taking the medicine. You could take any one of following:

A to Z

Hope your query is answered.
Wishing you good health.

Dr Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor