Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Have a lump in throat. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 2457 Questions
i have a lump on throat under my XXXXXXX XXXXXXX that seems to be in different spot daily what could this be?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 4 hours later

I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeron.

The lump you have described could be due a thyroid swelling or could be a enlarged pretracheal lymph node. Do you feel the lump is moving with swallowing action?

Apart from this there are a few other less frequent swelling which might be there in the region you have mentioned. As any lump in the normal body surface has to be investigated, you are advised to visit your nearest ENT specialist/General Surgeon, who can examine you clinically and then decide on further course of investigations to arrive at a diagnosis. You may possibly need a fine needle aspiration cytology of the lump to conclude the diagnosis.

If you have any further query, please do not hesitate to ask.

Wishing you a sound recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor