Had sex and took nensovit. What could be the reason for delay in periods?

Dr. Shanthi.E

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: doctoer I had sex my girl friend. she got period October 4th. Next Period date is 28th Otober. she is not yet perio. she took Mensovit tablet before 3 days two by two three times. till period not yet come. what shall we do?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: wait and watch until 10th November 2013 Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query with diligence. I would suggest your girlfriend to wait until 10th of November 2013 to get her periods. If she does not get her periods by this time, please ask her to do a Urine pregnancy test at home to rule out pregnancy. Mensovit tablet does not help in any way to get her periods. Medically, there is no point in taking this medicine. I suggest she stops taking this. Hope it is clear to you. Let me know if you have more queries. Regards,
Follow up: Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
She is tensed & worried that she may be conceived?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: In either case she has to wait Detailed Answer: Hi, If you have had unprotected sexual intercourse, then the chances of pregnancy are high. In either case, she has to wait until 10th November. If she is tensed and worried, she can do the urine pregnancy test right away as well, and repeat again after 3 days. Regards,
Follow up: Dr. Shanthi.E 19 hours later
Docter, we had unprotected IC only. suppose if there is a chance of pregnancy, is there any way to abort the child by Tablets?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, there are ways to abort Detailed Answer: Hi, In early pregnancy, termination of pregnancy or abortion can be done by using tablets like Misoprostol and Mifeprestone. However, these are prescription drugs, and can be prescribed by a doctor after examining your girlfriend and confirming the pregnancy. Please wait until the time I suggested to proceed further. Regards,