Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Had serious inner ear infection. inserted tube. Having pain. What else can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4813 Questions
My daughter had an very serious inner ear infection have been fighting it for weeks, today she was given antibiotics and drops after they inserted tube so medicine would reach inner ear, she is suffering a great deal states its getting worse in pain, any suggestions to assist in pain relief. She has drops she has to put in, and tomorrow can start using a numbing drop, I suggested she put hot compresses on for some relief but looking to see if anything else I can do to help her.

I have none of her stuff from doctor visit, not sure what else I can add
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doctors are giving the right therapy to your child

Detailed Answer:

Please take all the things peacefully. If you are not anxious, you would be able to help your daughter better.

Now, it is a great choice that her doctors has put her on antibiotics and ear drops.

Perhaps your child is having pus in inner ear, and doctors will try to draw it.

However, warm compresses can help. Oral painkillers can help too (ibuprofen,mephenamic acid, acetaminophen, etc).

Actually, your daughter's doctors have given the right treatment to her. Therefore, you just need to relax and support your child going through this and showing her that everything would be fine again. Time and patience are needed to see the results.

Hoping quick recovery to your sweet!

You can write to me any other concern you might have.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor