Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Had a child. Is it possible to get pregnant after menopause period?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5956 Questions
hello, I am XXXXXXX I have a child from a first marriage, and my husband had pass away, now i am about to have a second husband, and he have asked me for a baby, and i am 56 years old and in good health and good condition,but i have gone through menopause, is it possible that i can get pregnant.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
At 56 years old, having gone through menopause, it is impossible for you to get pregnant without any help.
You would need help of ART ( assisted reproductive technologies ).
YOu would need to use donor oocytes ( eggs ) or possibly even consider surrogacy.
Take care.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had a child. Is it possible to get pregnant after menopause period? 21 hours later
Thank you doctor for responding to my question. I do understand clearly what you said and I like the truth of how you responded, however I do have a plan B which you had mention in the response to me, but my plan B is seemingly should work out. I did not want to mention here the plan B because I am afraid of the exposure on the internet even though there might be other people is encountering the same situation as I am, and is scared to open up, but is there any means that I can discuss this plan B, without been said on the internet or what,please respond to me so I can see if I can be more brief and discret in my plan Bl.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for appreciating me.
I would love to hear about your plan B, and guide you accordingly.
You can contact the administrators of this site for any alternative means of communication directly, however I am not allowed to give out my email address or phone number on this platform, as per rules.
Also, do not worry, as the information here is not shared with anybody.
It might be open for viewing but the anonymity is maintained and the confidentiality is total.
If you wish, you can aim a direct query at me using the following link -
WWW.WWWW.WW God bless and take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor