Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Had C sections and using Copper T. Wanted to remove it. Does it require rest?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5956 Questions
I had 2 c sections and iam using copper t since 3 years. I want to get it removed now as my husband has undergone the family planning surgery. As iam working wanted to clarify would that require taking rest and leave from work if so how many days
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Removal of copper T is an outpatient procedure.
It takes just 5 minutes in the hands of a gynecologist.
You would not require admission or leave from work / rest for even an hour.
So please do not worry about that.
Please consult any gynecologist and request for removal, it can be done at the same visit.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask any further follow up questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had C sections and using Copper T. Wanted to remove it. Does it require rest? 2 minutes later
Because I had 2 c sections will there be any side complications. Please advise
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
With 2 C sections, there MIGHT be difficulty in inserting a Copper T.
This is because with two C sections, the XXXXXXX os ( mouth ) of the cervix becomes fibrosed and stenosed , and hence it might be difficult to insert the copper T.
In some women with 2 C sections, sometimes the insertion is required to be done under anesthesia for this reason, or after priming the cervix with some drug like Misoprostol.
However, in 99 % of cases, REMOVAL does not require anesthesia.
Only if the Copper T is embedded or stuck inside the uterus, this would need anesthesia to remove.
The possibility of this happening is very rare.
Please do not worry, and consult a gynecologist for removal.
All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor