Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online


User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12798 Questions
hiv women semen touches small amount to my penis does i get hiv
Tue, 22 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

If the secretions of vagina from an HIV infected female has touched the mucosa- glans penis- the very front part of your penis then there are chances that the infection might have transmitted to you also.
The best way to know is to get yourself tested for HIV from any good laboratory.
You can opt for initial screening with an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) to detect antibodies to HIV-1 infection.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns I am available for your followups.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: HIV,intercourse.Contagious? 1 hour later
madam i did it that thing 15 days back so its already infected in ti my body
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Since you were exposed fifteen days ago, it is high time that you got your ELISA done for HIV-1 antibodies.

If it comes positive then you will have to undergo confirmatory testing with a more specific test (e.g., Western blot or, less commonly, an immunofluorescence assay (IFA). If these tests come positive then it confirms that you are HIV-positive and need further treatment.

Do not worry , first get it confirmed .

Hope this was helpful.

Wishing you an early recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor