Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Got burn on palm. Noticed blister and redness in that area. Having pain. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
Hello, My 6 year old son got a small burn on his palm backside, when he put his hand in front of a steam inhalation machine while taking inhalation. I did not realise it as a burn and so did not wash it with water. After few years, I see a blister and redness in the area around. Also, there is some pain for him in that area. I shall attach photos of the blister. Please suggest what to do further for this.

This is a correction to the query above. By mistake I had written 'After few years, I see a blister'.. It is actually 'After few hours, I see a blister'

Thanks XXXXX.
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 31 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

I understand your concern.

Relax,there is nothing to worry.I can see from picture there is blister formation.

-pour some cold water over burn area for 10 to 15 minutes.
-do not try to rupture blister.
-apply silverex or soframycin cream over burn area gently 3 to 4 times a day.
-give paracetamol with ibuprophen as per dosage for pain relief.

In case you observe pain is increasing or there is redness around area which is increasing I suggest you to get him examined by pediatrician,to rule out any infection.

Continue with medication as already prescribed.

Hope I have answered your query.If you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor