Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Getting frequent urination and feeling constipated. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 41 Questions
Dear Doctor

Please refer to following link. I have similar problems


When I had increase in urination frequency I consulted with a doctor and had a Ultrasound of Lower pelvis to check if it was due to prostate. Those results were normal. I took antibiotics Augemtin for 1 week. This source was complete a month back

I also had Uroflowmetry. The flow was on 18ml/sec and doctor said it was on lesser side there was some obstruction as the curve was broken in between. He put me on Urimax 0.4 mg for 30 days and suggested to do a uroflowmetry test again. It is one week now after this

Apart from this I have constipation problems and usually need to strain to clear bowel. Sometimes I am unable to clear bowel completely at the end.
For this I consulted a Gastroenterlogist and the Dr. said might be IBS and prescribed course of tablets, IBSET (2 weeks), Capsule VXL #3 (1 month). Normaxin (2 weeks). Peg Move. this course is complete one month back

Somtimes there is wetting in my inner wear

Apart from this I dont have any other health problems
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 18 hours later
Thanks for your query,

I have seen your symptom history and reports.
I want you to send me a scanned copy of your uroflowmetry and get a post prostatic massage urine exam done.
Your symptoms maybe due to an overactive bladder or due to an inflammatory condition in the prostate.
You would then be benefited by a course of alfablockers,anti-inflammatory,anti-cholinergics and sitz bath.
I hope i have answered your query.
I will be happy to answer any further queries that you may have.
Dr Vineet Malhotra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Getting frequent urination and feeling constipated. What should be done? 28 hours later
Dear Doctor

thank you for the feedback. I have uploaded uroflowmetry report. Can you please let me know where I can get the post prostatic massage urine exam done. I am located in Bangalore.

I am a bit worried and as I can't express my problems. Anything I need to take care

Once again thanks for your kind guidance

Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 4 hours later

I have seen your uroflowmetry which is normal.
You can consult a surgeon or local urologist who will do a rectal exam and you can give your urine for testing following that.
Please be assured that this is a treatable condition and not a cause for worry.
I hope i have answered your query.
I will be happy to answer any follow-up query.
Dr Vineet Malhotra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor