Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Getting constricting of veins and arteries manly in the hands and arms and chest pain. What is wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
Constricting of veins and arteries manly in the hands and arms, legs and feet, get shortness of XXXXXXX and chronic chest pain particularly on left side of chest and on back scapular area? Scalp becomes chronically inflammed and painful the touch as well. Caused me to be home bound.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query,

As per the detail provided by you it seems that you are suffering from vascular disease. It may be totally related to heart and may be any atherosclerotic disease in arteries or veins supplying to extremities and brain.

There are a few risk factors associated with atherosclerotic vascular disease; that includes Family History, Diabetes, Overweight, Lack of exercise, Raised cholesterol, raised Triglycerides, Low good cholesterol, stress and age above 40. These risks can be sorted by your treating doctor with the help of battery of test. The following are a few that are important:
1. You have a history of chest pain with shortness of breath; we have to be investigated for Coronary Artery Disease. Coronary angiography is entailed.
2. History of blackout indicates us to investigate us for atherosclerotic disease in Carotid artery (artery supplying blood to brain). Any less flow of blood to brain results in Ischemic attack that causes blackout or weakness in any part of body for few seconds to minutes. Blackout can also be related to arrhythmia. Carotid Colour Doppler with or without carotid artery Doppler are entailed.
3. Others symptoms are the associated symptoms which are related to these disease. Colour Doppler studies of peripheral arteries will help us identify the associated condition.

Please consult your cardiologist. The aforementioned tests can be streamlined accordingly.

If any of the above tests are done, I would be interested to know the results. You may post the reports using the sites uploader.

Hope this helps. Write back if you have any other related query.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor