Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Genital and anal itching, white testicular and anal skin, wounds

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
Hi Doc, I am 29 years of age and I am male. A week ago i started feeling itching near my genital and anus. I took it lightly and ignored.
But it kept on increasing and because of busy professional schedule I could not consult to any doctor. But when I saw it carefully today I found that the skin below my testicles and near my anus has become white and because of severe itching there are wounds too. It is continuously increasing. I keep myself clean and take daily bath. Please let me know what should I do and prescribe me ointment and oral medicines so that I can get rid of this problem ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

The most common cause of itching in the genital and anal area is infection which can be either fungal or bacterial in nature.Fungal infection is the most common cause in young adults as its growth is favoured in warm moist environment and it proliferates rapidly.According to the symptoms described by you it seems like a fungal infection but for the confirmation it requires a proper examination as the skin lesions and the surrounding area needs to be evaluated.
Wear loose cotton undies.
Keep the area dry.You can use over the counter available antifungal powders.
Keep the groin area clean and avoid wearing rough tight fitting clothes.
Do not share your towel and clothes.
Avoid having intercourse unless completely cured.
Kindly see a Dermatologist as it requires proper clinical examination and if needed investigation as KOH test which would help in confirmation.
Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Genital and anal itching, white testicular and anal skin, wounds 22 hours later
Hi Mitaly,

I understand I should see a dermatologist. But please understand because of unavoidable reason I wont be free to visit any dermatologist for another 4-5 days. That is the reason I had come to health care magic. Please prescribe me some ointment and/or oral medicine which can be taken to treat it or at least to keep it in control.

I feel it is increasing and affecting other places too.

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 10 hours later

Since you are unable to see a doctor for the next few days, I suggest that you try applying Candid-B ointment or powder twice daily and see if it helps you. You can also get tea tree oil from the pharmacy and apply it on the infected area an hour before bathing and then wash the area with mild soap and water. It is antifungal and antibacterial and will help control the infection.

However, I would emphasize that you should get a physical examination done by a dermatologist to ascertain the cause of your rash and treat it.

Wishing you Good Health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor