Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Generalized itching, low grade fever, body pain. Had protected sex. Could this be the reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10367 Questions
hello, I started itching all over the body with a low grade fever and pain all over body. I slept with a new boyfriend 1 week ago. He was wearing a condom. Could this be the reason?

Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
A low grade fever with pain and itching all over body is likely to be due to a generalized viral infection. These symptoms are not likely to be due to any STD.
The following things should make you feel better:
a. Take tablet paracetamol 400 mg (TYLENOL) as and when required ( upto 4 times daily). This needs to be taken with food. This will relieve the fever and pain.
b. Take a hot water shower and drink plenty of warm fluids.
c. Eat small, home cooked meals at regular intervals. Also, drink atleast 2-3 litres of lukewarm water in a day. This should help take care of the weakness.
d. Simply rest for 1-2 days and you should be good.
For the itching sensation, you can take an anti allergic like cetrizine and apply 1% hydrocortisone ointment over the affected areas.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor