Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Fluid sacs on penis and testicles, loss of erection. Done blood, PSA and CAT scan, normal. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
Hi there. I seem to have developed fluid sacs on my penis. They change position according to the way I'm sitting, are not painful, and if I depress them, they seem to move and relocate. My testicular sac is also retaining fluid, so much so in fact, that a urologist I went to found it difficult to find the testes. He performed blood tests, PSA, tests for disease, and I also had a thoracic cat scan which revealed nothing. Once the tests came back negative, he cut me loose and told me to go live my life. I cannot seem to sustain an erection now, and the ones I do have are much smaller. I want my life back! Any advice you might have would be appreciated.
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later

You do not have to worry about this problem. Your doctor conducted tests to rule out prostate malignancy. From the description you have given it appears to be a bilateral hydrocele which has envisaged the proximal part of the shaft of the penis. As a result you have problems during erection. With time there is chance of further increase in size of the swellings.

The condition can be cured by surgery only. The surgical procedure is not complicated nor does it involve any significant risk. The cure rate is very high. After surgery you have high chances to get back your life. With the fluid drained you can have better erections than what it is now.

So next step would be to find another Urologist who can speak to you for sometime and educate on the surgery, the advantages and disadvantages. You can take a call then.

I hope this helps to resolve.

With regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor