Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Felt lump under skin on lower back. Lump started getting bigger. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1975 Questions
i have recently observed/felt a lump under the skin in the lower part of my back, just above the XXXXXXX gluteous area.The lump becomes bigger and more prominent when i sit down but i can feel it even while standing. What could it be due to? What kind of doctor should I visit so that it can be diagnosed?.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 21 minutes later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M.for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding a lump in gluteal region.You have not told about any other relevent symptoms as is there any pain in lump ?, for how long you are having it ?, Is there any fever ?, Weather the size of lump is gradually increasing or not ?.

Any way I am ignoring these relevent symptoms and in this way it may be-

(a) Lipoma.
(b) Lymphadenitis.
(c) Sebacious cyst.

To confirm it you have to do these investigations-

(1) Ultrasonography of lump.
(2) FNAC from lump

By above two investigations type and nature of lump will be decided, and for treatment you should consult any general surgeon.

I hope your query is explained.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor