Feeling tired, bloated, discomfort and have constipation. Blood test done. Do I have anemia?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Dear Doctor,
Does these test results are of any Anemia problems like Pernicious Anemia
Hb =135, MCV 4.4, MCV=93, MCHC=339, RDW= 12.8. WBC=8.7, PLALET 244,
VITAMIN B 12= 219, FERRITIN= 116, Sodium= 144, Potasium= 4.6, Chloride=11,
after even light meal stomach goes very tight, blotching and wind with discomfortness,
all day fatigue,tired, Constipation.
Blood pressure 135/85-90
Diabetic taking 1+1 metformin.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
Your Hb is not very low to call it anemia.
The MCV is above normal which usually occurs in vitamin B 12 deficiency.
But these are no sufficient enough to say you have Pernicious anemia.
You need other tests like gastroscopy with biopsy, Schilling Test, Methy malonic acid level and bone marrow test.
I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini