Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Feeling severe pain in lower leg while walking even small distance. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
I am feeling severe pain in my lower leg while walking even small distance, please suggest.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Pain in the knees at your age is very unusual and could be either due to low calcium levels in the blood or due to an inflammatory cause.

I suggest you to get a serum calcium level estimated and also get tests like ESR(erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP(C-reactive protein) to identify the exact cause for the knee pain.

Meanwhile do apply painkiller gels like DICLOFENAC gel to get some relief from the pain.

Hope, I answered your query.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor