Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Feeling mild shooting pain in testicles. Feeling lumps and slight pressure. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5765 Questions
I have recently begun to feel mild shooting pains in my left testicle and up through the left side of my penis.

The pain is not serious, as I am still able to do my daily activities and go to sleep, etc. I have attempted to feel around for lumps but am not sure what I am looking for. The left testicle does appear to be lower than the right and feels larger. There does feel to be a bit of a lump behind it that feels like a clump of veins. There is also some slight pressure.

The only other symptom that I have noticed along with the pain is that I have been very exhausted over the past week. I do have a stressful job and work relatively long hours but still have a great sleep schedule (I get more than enough sleep every night).

I am only 21 years old and have no family history of testicular cancer (that I am aware of). I do masturbate and have sex (protected) often but not sure if this would have an influence.
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Pain in one testicle, lumps presence (like a noodles or veins) are most likely caused by varicocele. This condition is caused by spermatic cord veins enlargement. This veins can give lumps feeling and pain. The pain can radiate up to the groin.
Varicocele is a benign condition and can be easily treated with small surgery.

Other possible reasons of your symptoms are epidydymis cyst, testicle cyst, inguinal hernia. Testicle cancer is possible, but all mentioned conditions are more common than the cancer.

I suggest you to visit urologist and have testis ultrasound done. This will tell what exactly you are dealing with.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor