Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Feeling discomfort in esophagus and rib area. Dont have gallbladder. Related to hernia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1827 Questions
Can you feel a hernia to one side of esophagus more then the other. I seem to be able to feel it slightly to the right and its sore to touch at the bottom corner of my right rib. I don't have a gallbladder this is more of a pressure tight soreness. Gets worse with movement.
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

I presume that you are asking abut hiatal hernia.

Hiatal hernia most often remains asymptomatic. Only larger hernias cause symptoms and it includes chest discomfort, heartburn and difficulty in swallowing.
You cannot feel the hernia as such. You can have only the above mentioned symptoms.

I would suggest an upper GI endoscopy be done for evaluation of your symptoms.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor